Safety Alerts & Recalls
What does this mean?
If you monitor your blood glucose with a home blood glucose monitor, please take the following precautions:
1) Look to see if you are using Advocate Redi-Code+ BMB-BA006A blood glucose test strips.
2) If yes, stop using those test strips and contact Diabetic Supply of Suncoast to find out if this recall pertains to the test strips you have in your possession. Test strips will be replaced with relabeled boxes of test strips to avoid any chance of confusion. Suncoast will provide instructions on how to have your recalled test strips replaced.
3) If you have an Advocate Redi-Code blood glucose meter manufactured by Taidoc Technology Corp, please read the product User Manual for information about the appropriate test strips to be used with the Taidoc meters.
4) Ask your pharmacist or your diabetes care provider if you need help determining which test strips to use with your glucose meter.
5) Be aware of symptoms of high blood sugar (hyperglycemia) and low blood sugar (hypoglycemia). If you experience symptoms of either high or low blood sugar, contact your diabetes care provider.
Diabetic Supply of Suncoast can be contacted at (561) 296-0488 between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM Monday through Friday (Eastern Time). You can also find out more information at www.dsosi.com.
Patients and healthcare providers are encouraged to report side effects related to the use of medicines to the FDA's MedWatch program. You can reach MedWatch by:
--- Telephone: 1-800-332-1088
--- Fax: 1-800-332-0178
--- Mail: MedWatch, FDA, 5600 Fishers Lane, Rockville, MD 20852-9787
--- Website: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm
Diabetic Supply of Suncoast, Inc. Recalls Advocate Redi-Code+ BMB-BA006A Blood Glucose Test Strips
Diabetic Supply of Suncoast, Inc. is recalling Advocate Redi-Code+ BMB-BA006A blood glucose test strips manufactured by a company named BroadMaster Bio-Tech Corp. These strips have been recalled because of a labeling error. There could be some confusion about which glucose meters the Redi-Code+ BMB-BA006A blood glucose test strips are supposed to be used with. In the current labeling, the name of the test strips model (BMB-BA006A) was not included.
The Advocate Redi-Code+ BMB-BA006A blood glucose test strips should only be used with the Advocate Redi-Code+ blood glucose meters with the model numbers BMB-EA001S and BMB-EA001A and manufactured by BroadMaster Bio-Tech Corp. The labeling error may lead users to believe they can use the Advocate Redi-Code+ BMB-BA006A blood glucose test strips with the Advocate Redi-Code blood glucose meters with model numbers TD-3223E, TD-4223E, TD-4223F, and TD-4276, which are manufactured by Taidoc Technology Corp. If the Advocate Redi-Code+ blood glucose test strips are used with the Taidoc meters listed here, the results could be inaccurate.
People with diabetes carefully monitor their blood glucose levels and require urgent treatment for low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) or high blood sugar (hyperglycemia). False results could lead to inappropriate or delayed treatment that could harm a patient.
For more information, please visit: more information here